Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I heart cara carroll!

It.is.official.

Cara Carroll is my HERO!

I was in my pajamas tonight when she posted about these little gems…

image

These things are seriously GENIUS! They are $1.00 book covers from Target, but can turned into CHAIR POCKETS!!!!

seatcovers7seatcovers8

(above photos borrowed from The First Grade Parade)

Of course, I HAD TO HAVE THEM THAT VERY MOMENT.

So, I ran out to Target looking like a hot (not-so-much!) mess.

As I was walking through Target in my pajamas, I kept thinking about this card, and bowing my head in shame.

I always seem to run into families during these very unattractive moments. They all look at me like they are thinking, “Ms. Kuster, is that you? WOW, you look AWFUL!”

Thank goodness no one saw me this time.

Go check out Cara’s blog for a great mini-tutorial on how place them on your chairs. These are perfect for other non-sewers, like myself.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

I finally was able to get some work done in my classroom. This summer I’ve gone back and forth about my theme. This is what I came up with: lots of color, lots of chevron, and a little outer space theme mixed in. I cannot wait to reveal some classroom pictures!

DSC_0754

(above: border and scrapbook paper)

image

Here’s a little sneak peek at my nameplates. I had to mix-in a little Chevron love.

You can grab this adorable clip art set from Goodness & Fun.

Click on the link below to go to their shop!

image

I am off to cut out over 200 laminated pages. Not even kidding! This is just a small part of the pile!

DSC_0758

How is your classroom coming along?

Add a link to your blog in the Comment section to share your classroom pics.

8 comments:

Natalie said...

I mean, who DOESN't love Cara Carroll? Love those...genius!

Natalie
Teachery Tidbits

Rikki said...

What a great idea!! Love the comment about Target so true. My Walmart looks like people that have just rolled out of bed.
ஐRikki

The Hive

Stephanie Livers said...

I saw Cara's post this morning and went to Target at lunch and bought all the solid colors!! So awesome!

Heather said...

Your signs to cut out are all so cute!

luckeyfrog said...

Lyndsey, I was already a follower- but I loooove your reading posters from your guest post! Thank you so so much!

Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

Greg said...

I love your theme!! I went with monsters this year so you are inspiring me to add more stuff to my room!

I'm a new follower!

Greg
Smedley's Smorgasboard of Kindergarten

Anonymous said...

Nouveau pour les blogs. Comment puis-je m'assurer que personne obtient mes images d'arrière-plan et le texte?

botol bekas said...

enough to give an interesting overview article
beli crystal x asli dimana
and
crystal x

 
Pin It button on image hover