(Okay, I’ve always wanted to start a post that way. You Southern folk are just so cute. Ha!)
I rarely share anything about my personal life on here since this is an education blog, after all. But, when I saw the sweet Amy Lemons was hosting a Tell Me More, Tell Me More linky party, I knew I had to chime in on the fun.
So here it goes…a little bit about me:
1. Last summer, when preparing for the school year, I googled “First Grade Classroom Ideas” and Sarah Cooley’s blog, “First Grader…At Last!” came up. I had no idea what teacher blogs were at the time, but she TOTALLY hooked me in. I honestly have a notebook full of her ideas. She is my BLOGGY IDOL, and I love her. She has totally changed my life!
2. Who is that handsome guy? That is my sweet boyfriend, Michael. We have been together for 5 whole years, and I absolutely adore him. We make an amazing team. He is funny, kind-hearted, and always so encouraging and supportive. I love him dearly! (I just realized I don’t have any photos of us together on this laptop. Sorry!)
3. I am in NO RUSH to get married or have babies. However, I do love pretty weddings and other people’s children.
4. Michael is an artist and I am a teacher (I know you already know that part about me!), so between his artwork and my crafts, our apartment is often a hot mess. You can always tell when our creative juices are really flowin’. We do not allow guests over during these times.
5. I love scarves. More than shoes. (IPhone pic. Sorry!)
6. I’ve had all kinds of jobs in my life, and gone on countless interviews. I’ll never forget when I was interviewing for a nanny position and the mom asked me to turn around so she could bury her nose in my hair. She believed in a “scent-free environment,” and did not like that my shampoo was fragrant. Ha! I ran to the door and never looked back. Can anyone say SCARY?
7. I love me some Colin Firth.
8. This is my sweet sister, Faith, my niece, Abby, and my nephew, Christopher. They are the funniest kids EVER! LOVE THEM!
9. Another one of them. They are a few years younger here. Still as cute. For sure!
10. Iced lattes make it all better.
11. My sweet grandmother died when I was just 10. I wish she was alive now. I have so many questions for her. I miss her! Isn’t she pretty?
I have so many other fun facts and many stories about my crazy (and HUGE) family. But, I’ll save those for another post (when I switch over all of my pictures to this laptop).
Okay, so now it is your turn to Tell Me More…
Go link up with Amy!
Also, please take a moment to go say hello to my sweet, sweet teacher-friend, Tracy, over at her newly designed blog. She is a 2nd grade teacher at my school and is PHENOMENAL! You all will LOVE HER. Becca (another one of my favorite girls) from Jumping Jax Designs did the blog design. LOVE!
Tracy just recently posted a tutorial on how to make a teacher toolbox using DUCT TAPE!