Monday, May 28, 2012

Summer Reading List Linky Party

I’m linking up with some other sweet friends over at Clutter-Free Classroom for a Summer Reading List Linky Party!

ClutterFreeClassroom

Teacher books make me so happy.  I especially love books that are practical and that have ideas that I can use immediately. Two of my favorite teacher books (funny enough, they are sitting right next to me!) that I revisit time and time again are:

Comprehension Connections by Tanny McGregor

and

Literacy Work Stations by Debbie Diller

These two books have truly changed the way I teach my reading block. They are chock full of anchor charts, graphic organizers, and hands-on activities that will surely keep your students engaged and happy! I cannot wait to re-read these this summer. I am certain that (although I’ve read them before), I’ll discover another brilliant idea that I can use with my firsties next year.

I’d LOVE to find some mathematics texts that are worth reading, so I’m super excited to see what is on everyone else’s reading list.

What is on your summer reading list? Link up with Clutter-Free Classroom to share!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

I've enjoyed Number Sense Routines by Jessica Shumway and Teaching Student-Centered Mathematics K-2 by Van D Walle. :)
❀ Tammy
Forever in First

Lisa R. said...

I'm going over When Readers Struggle by Fountas & Pinnell. I did a book study on it this year, but the book is so extensive that I want to go over it again so I don't miss anything. It's a book with great strategies for struggling readers!
Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Meredith Hardin said...

These a two of my favorite books! I've loved Debbie Diller since college, but I just received "Comprehension Connections" at a recent Title I meeting, and absolutely love it! It IS so practical & easy to use! It's great to see others are finding ideas from the same books :)

Lisa at Stories From Second said...

Comprehension Connections is on my must read list too!
Lisa
Stories From Second

Katie said...

Debbie Diller is awesome! I have that book and love it :) I just found your blog while blog hopping this evening and became your newest follower. I hope you have a wonderful evening!

Katie
Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

Cindy Foreman said...

Love Debbie Diller's books!! She always has such amazing ideas! Great book choices!!

I'm your newest follower and would love for you to come and check out my blog

Cindy
http://krazykinderteacher.blogspot.com/

Corinna said...

Literacy Work Stations is one of my faves as well, but I haven't heard of Comprehension Connections. Looks like I found a book to add to my list:))

Aloha,
Corinna
Surfin' Through Second

Bright Concepts 4 Teachers said...

Thank you for your book suggestions. I'll have to add them to my list. I am one of your newest followers. Thanks for sharing such wonderful ideas.I have passed on the Lovely Blog Award to you. Check it out on my latest blog post.

April Walker said...

Debbie Diller is always amazing! I want her book about organizing space in your classroom.

April @ The Idea Backpack

Shannon Kirby said...

Oh thanks for sharing! I love Debbie Diller too, but I will be adding Comprehension Connections to my list. I'm LOVING your blog.

Miss Trayers said...

I'm going to see Debbie next month-can't wait to see if she has some new ideas to share. Loved her new book on math stations as well.

NotJustChild'sPlay

Mrs. Wathen said...

You should check out Math Work Stations by Debbie Diller. I will check out the you listed.

Tammy
http//theresourcefulapple.blogspot.com

Heather's Heart said...

Those are 2 books I refer back to often! =)

I am revisiting several books this summer. 2 are about morning meetings that I am going to take bits and pieces from and tie it in with the Conscious Discipline I already do.


Heather
Heather's Heart

 
Pin It button on image hover