Sunday, March 11, 2012

St. Patrick’s Day Freebie and Carnival Birthday Celebration

Hi everyone! Today I went to one of my student’s birthday parties. It was so much fun! Her mom planned a carnival themed party. There was a caricature artist, face painting, cotton candy, tickets, games, and prizes (including a real goldfish to take home with you at the end of the night). My students were thrilled…to put things lightly! I had a blast too.

She is a BIG fan of Junie B. Jones (so am I!), so I was super excited to get her a few different chapter books. All of my students are beginning to move onto more difficult texts. It is such an amazing time of year for first graders. I am constantly taken back and so proud of all of the wonderful things they are accomplishing. It makes me GIDDY inside just thinking about it. I’m sure you all know the feeling.

I have been thinking of a few different ideas for St. Patrick’s Day, but I’m trying to finish up my r-controlled vowel packet before I dive into something new. The packet should be available on TPT tomorrow.

I’m always trying to think of new little ways to show my kids how much I truly DO LOVE THEM! I know I need to tell them more, and it has been a BIG goal of mine these past few months. I thought St. Patrick’s Day was a great time to let them know just how LUCKY I AM.
Here’s a sweet card I posted on TPT for free. I plan on writing a little message on the back for each of my kids. Click on the image to take you to TPT. ENJOY!

image

 

I can’t wait to blog stalk tomorrow morning with a BIG CUP of coffee. Yum, yum!

5 comments:

FirstGradeBlueSkies (Jennifer) said...

Cute! Thank you for sharing!
Jennifer
First Grade Blue SKies

Mrs. Cupcake said...

Love this!! Thank you for linking up!
❤Teri
A Cupcake for the Teacher

Heather's Heart said...

This is so cute Lindsey! Thank you!

I have spent my first day of Spring Break blog stalking and creating...and I have loved it! =)


Heather
Heather's Heart

Stacy Johnson said...

I just discovered your super cute blog! New follower:)

Stacy
Mrs Johnson’s First Grade

Erica said...

I love your super duper cute blog! It has amazing ideas! I am your newest follower!

Erica

Sprinkles to Kindergarten

 
Pin It button on image hover