Sunday, September 18, 2011

"Comprehension Connections"


I am constantly seeking ideas on ways I can be a more effective teacher. I try my best to make each lesson creative, interesting, and ENGAGING!

One of my FAVORITE resources to use when teaching any comprehension lesson is the book, Comprehension Connections: Bridges to Strategic Reading by Tanny McGregor. It is AMAZING and a MUST-BUY for any elementary (primary and intermediate), middle school, or high school teacher. It is FILLED with wonderful ways to make abstract learning more concrete and meaningful. She often starts with a science experiment or something from real life that children can relate to. It's so genius! I use her ideas as motivators and CONNECTORS when teaching. It INSTANTLY engages everyone!


Click here to buy it!

7 comments:

Lauren Morse said...

Hi! I found your blog after reading Abby's post tonight. I love the food activity for questioning. We are talking about /qu/ this week and so I was going to discuss questioning. That activity will be perfect! I'm a new follower!
Lauren
justaddclipart.blogspot.com

Heather's Heart said...

I love this book! We do the food activity for questioning too! I have also brought in different objects like an egg beater when we have done inferring and making Green Eggs and Ham.

I found your blog several days ago but Blogger wasn't let me follow you...now I do! =)

I would love for you to visit me if you get the chance. I have TONS of *freebies*!

Heather
Heather's Heart

Anonymous said...

I love what you guys tend to be up too. Such clever work and exposure!
Keep up the wonderful works guys I've added you guys to my blogroll.

my blog :: kohlenhydratarme produkte

Anonymous said...

Thankfulness to my father who told me on the topic of this blog, this
website is actually remarkable.

my weblog: wordpress seminar

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why but this weblog is loading incredibly slow for me. Is anyone else having this problem or is it a problem on my end? I'll
check back later on and see if the problem still
exists.

Here is my web blog; steinzeit ernährung

susi wijayanti said...

Thats interesting fact, thank for sharing, can you explain the method? i thing this is new for me and i plant to visiting this regularry
obat herbal
crystal x asli
obat keputihan
crystal x
Ciri crystal x
I think you mean Portsea! :)

susi wijayanti said...

Thats interesting fact, thank for sharing, can you explain the method? i thing this is new for me and i plant to visiting this regularry
obat herbal
crystal x asli
obat keputihan
crystal x
Ciri crystal x
I think you mean Portsea! :)

 
Pin It button on image hover